Developing or co-developing currency-, risk management and financial strategies for responsible investors and companies active or present in developing countries.
Streamline or optimize financial reporting, management information systems and processes for responsible investors and
companies active or present in developing countries.
Representing social investors in Board of Directors, or advisory Boards.
Advice on relevant topics for social investors or companies active or present in developing countries,.
Albert Hofsink (owner AhRis)
I founded AhRis in 2015. Ahris provides advice and support for Responsible Investors and companies present and/or active in developing countries.
In 1995 I joined Oikocredit, a global social investor, investing (debt and equity) in the emerging microfinance sector, renewable energy as well as agricultural cooperatives and social enterprises in more than 60 developing countries. In 2002 I was appointed CFO and Director of Finance & Administration and in 2013 as Director for Risk Management Compliance and IT. I spent more than a decade on the Management Team and Board of Oikocredit with responsibilities ranging from Accounting, Treasury, Finance, Tax, Risk Management and IT and also was the chair of the credit committee of Oikocredit for some time.
I have extensive experience in a multicultural environment and in developing countries. I retired from my positions at Oikocredit beginning of April 2015, and founded AhRis.
I started my career in 1977 with Taylor & Geerling (KPMG) in South Africa and returned to The Netherlands in 1982 when I joined Ernst & Young in Utrecht up to 1995.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS/INVESTMENT COMMITTEE
I am currently serving on the Investment Committees of:
I served on the Boards of:
• First Wave Group aquaculture with subsidiaries in Zambia, Uganda, Kenya
• Musoni Microfinance Nairobi Kenya;
• Fusion Microfinance Delhi India;
• Kalene Education Fund Zambia;
• HKL Cambodia;
• Maanaveeya Development Finance, India;
• Oikocredit Ukraine.
• In 2019 and 2020 I was parttime fulfilling the function of Director and Head of Finance/Compliance for Symbiotics Netherlands.
Bachelors and Honours degree in Accounting, as well as a Certificate in Theory of Accountancy from the University of South Africa.
Recent follow up courses
• Compliance: AML/CFT Directors training program 2021 and 2022
• ABF African Board Fellowship;
• Strategic influencing;
• Management by objectives;
• Governance equity participations;
• Development Finance in Africa (attended course Stellenbosch University);
• Cultural aspects of management.